Applicants must meet a set of baseline qualifications in order to be considered. The qualifications include:
- Is a Louisiana-based business, or willingness to relocate.
- Made less than $250,000 in 2020 revenue.
- Is incorporated as a limited liability company, an S corporation or a C corporation.
- Has a scalable, high-growth business model with a strong management team.
- Companies that previously pitched at BREW are eligible to participate.
Applicants must agree to the following terms to qualify: 1) The investment structure will be predetermined as a convertible note with a 30% discount and 2) The official term sheet will be provided upon submitting the application.
Timeline & Process
In order to have everything in place before the final pitch, the competition will follow a specific timeline and will be segmented into a few distinct phases.
Timeline of events for this year’s High-Stakes Pitch Competition:
The application and executive summary are due January 25.
Applicants will receive the term sheet by January 26.
Term sheets must be signed and returned by January 27.
Semi-finalists will be notified on January 28.
Semi-finalists will submit competition materials by February 2.
A pitch deck for review and comment by a team of accredited investors (supporting documents optional).
Media materials including a logo, headshot, and company overview.
Semi-final pitches will be held on February 22 and will consist of a 10-minute pitch and 15-minute Q&A. This is a private session open to semi-finalists and accredited investors only.